Vypress Chat stops working after install

eldric

Vypress Chat stops working after install

Postby eldric » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:07 pm

Here's a strange problem. I get vypress installed for the first time on a machine and when vypress first comes up it sees the other newly installed vypress OK. But then after the systems are rebooted, one vypress chat can see the other but not vice versa. it seems to depend on which vypress gets started first. This happens no matter what I do and it's across a local lan with the client machine's firewalls down.

I've tried the default IP multicasts and network broadcasts with my local network segment info put in preferences, but it doesn't seem to matter what I do; the only time these chats can see each other is after the initial install.

Is anybody else having this problem?

vypress

Re: Vypress Chat stops working after install

Postby vypress » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:07 am

It looks like the Windows Firewal or an antivirus software is not configured properly on only ONE of yours machines.
Try to turn off the Windows Firewall. If it is helpful so you should to reconfigure the Windows Firewall to enable communication for Vypress Chat over the TCP/IP port 8167 (it is a default value and can be changed in the "UDP" tab of the "Network Preferences" dialog) for TCP and UDP (multicast and broadcast) protocols; it is important to enable communications for both protocols.
You can use command netsh.exe firewall add portopening protocol=ALL port=8167 scope=ALL name=VypressChat to unblock the Vypress Chat on port 8167.

Return to “Vypress Chat”