Uninstall from Vista and Windows 7

anonymous_vm

Uninstall from Vista and Windows 7

Postby anonymous_vm » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:58 am

I can install the program no worries. It doesn't work for me but I don't really care. What IS REALLY ANNOYING, is that I can't uninstall it.
It keeps saying that it "could not start the messenger service" each time I try and uninstall. I can't even just delete it as good old Vista reinstalls it automatically. Very frustrated here.

vypress

Re: Uninstall from Vista

Postby vypress » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:58 am

You can uninstall Vypress Messenger from Vista by following steps:
1. Close Vypress Messenger.
2. Click on the Windows Start button and type cmd in the search field.
3. Right click on the "CMD shell" item and select "Run as Administrator" menu. See picture 1.jpeg for steps 1-3.
4. Type command "msiexec /x {B5E36187-B5CD-4F23-9FEA-A80CDE9D11CA} /qn" and press Enter. See picture 2.jpeg.
5. Restart computer.

You should to run the mentioned command with elevated permissions. If you unable to run it by the way that we suggested to you in previous letters you can temporary turn off User Account Control (UAC) using the Control Panel (Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts) and run the command again.

We are sorry for inconveniences.
1.jpg
1.jpg (155.2 KiB) Viewed 7990 times

2.jpg
2.jpg (83.75 KiB) Viewed 7990 times
Last edited by vypress on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

framirez@pionline.net

Re: Uninstall from Vista

Postby framirez@pionline.net » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:04 pm

I tried uninstall vypress mesenger with the cmd instruction and dont work. when I restar the
machine the vypress message appeared again.
I want to uninstall it from my Windows 7 machine please let me know.
Thanks

vypress

Re: Uninstall from Vista and Windows 7

Postby vypress » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:59 pm

You can uninstall Vypress Messenger from Windows 7 and Vista by following steps:
1. Download the uninstall script by following link http://www.vypress.com/ftp/vm-uninstall.vbs.
2. Close Vypress Messenger.
3. Click on the Windows Start button and locate the Command Prompt application.
4. Right click on the "Command Prompt" item and select "Run as Administrator" menu. See picture screen1.jpeg for steps 1-4.
5. Run the script from the command line by typing full path to the script and pressing Enter. See picture screen2.jpeg.
6. Restart computer.

You have to run the mentioned command with elevated permissions. If you unable to run it by the way that we suggested then you can temporary turn off User Account Control (UAC) using the Control Panel (Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts) and run the command again.

We are sorry for inconveniences.
screen1.jpg
screen1.jpg (199.42 KiB) Viewed 7540 times

screen2.jpg
screen2.jpg (75.3 KiB) Viewed 7540 times

Styxs

Postby Styxs » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:32 pm

getting after trying to uninstall (both ways) this error ....

vypress

Postby vypress » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:16 am

It is also possible to install and uninstall Vypress Messenger 4.0.1. It will successfully upgrade and remove version 4.0.

Return to “Vypress Messenger”